The College of Engineering, Trivandrum was established in 1939 as the first Engineering College in the then Travancore State. The first classes were started on 3rd July 1939 during the reign of the Travancore King, Sri Chithira Thirunal Balarama Varma and as the head of the then Travancore state he deserves his share of credit in the establishment of the college.
College of Engineering Trivandrum Alumni Association (CETAA) was formed in 1976 with the aim of establishing rapport with former students and to have common programs which will be mutually beneficial. Now about 15,000 of our former students are life members of the association
The alumni who come under the banner of CETAA have established themselves worldwide. Bengaluru, the major economic and cultural hub, the fastest growing metropolis in India also holds one of the most active chapter of CETAA. CETians from different part of this garden city join together under CETAAB (College of Engineering Alumni Association Bangalore). CETAAB organises a wide range of events – some social, some knowledge sharing, some celebratory. It is also committed to supporting alumni in their careers.